Monday, September 1, 2008

Random Thoughts

When you pucker, Lucy leans in for a kiss.

---

Lucy repeats practically anything we say. Recently she has been observed saying the following:

Thank you!
puppy
(at the end of a book) The end.
down
baby girl
sitting
standing
Good morning!

---

Her babble really sounds like melodic little sentences.

---

Grammy bought Lucy a series of books called Disney's Guess Who. At the end of the Bambi book Tracy and I pause dramatically before turning the page and revealing what type of animal Bambi is. Example:

"I'm a baby... deer."

Bright little Lucy has been preempting us.

Us: "I'm a baby..."
Lucy: "deer."

---

She knows when we're talking about feeding her. We can't obfuscate the phrases enough to confuse her. Tonight as we were working out her menu (rice cereal, apple sauce, grapes, green beans & Cheerios) Lucy started heading towards the gate & sliding it open (incidentally, that's the only time she's allowed to touch the gate). She knew from context that we were talking about her dinner.

---

She's begun to sing a little piece of her dinner blessing song.

No comments: